|January 10, 2014 Contact: Joe Pyritz (520) 866-6226
Second Round of Neighborhood Meetings Set for Public Feedback on RV’s used as Visitor Housing
FLORENCE – The Pinal County Planning and Development Department will be holding a second series of public meetings to solicit input on Recreational Vehicles (RV’s) used for visitor housing.
“The Board of Supervisors has directed us to find out how residents feel about this issue,” said Planning and Development Director Jerry Stabley. “The County receives a number of calls each winter from residents concerned about visitors staying in RV’s.”
RVs include all types of camping setups from a small tent trailer up to the largest motorhome. The County Zoning Ordinance does not allow visitors to stay in RVs unless they are residing in an RV park. However, many residents want to allow friends and relatives to stay in RVs when they visit in the winter.
“Once we receive feedback from the public, we will relay that information to the Supervisors and they will determine if and how they want to change the zoning regulations,” Stabley said. “We look forward to meeting the residents and finding out how they feel about this issue.”
If you own an RV or not, or if you have visitors who stay in RVs or not, please attend and let the Board know how you feel!
- Queen Valley: Monday, January 13, 7:00 PM; 1478 East Queen Valley Drive
- Arizona City Fire Station: Tuesday, January 21, 10:00 AM; 14022 S. Sunland Gin Road
- Casa Grande: Wednesday, January 22 – 6:00 PM; County Supervisors Conference Room, 820 East Cottonwood Lane
- Apache Junction: Thursday, January 23, 6:00 PM; City Council Chambers, 300 E. Superstition Boulevard
- San Tan Valley: Friday, January 24, 6:00 PM; SRP Office, 3735 East Combs Road
- Maricopa, Hidden Valley, Papago Buttes and Thunderbird Farms: Tuesday, January 28, 1:00 PM; Thunderbird Fire District, 12366 North Ralston Road
- Oracle: Wednesday, January 29, 6:00 PM; Oracle Justice Court, 1470 North Justice Drive
- Florence: Thursday, January 30, 6:00 PM; Pinal County Complex, Building F, Ocotillo Room, 31 North Pinal Street